If you are using WordPress-to-lead for Salesforce CRM plug-in to connect WordPress and Salesforce, you will also have to set up “Web-to-Lead” in Salesforce in order for it to accept data into the Salesforce Database.
To set up Web-to-Lead:
- Click Your Name | Setup | Customize | Leads | Web-to-Lead.
- Click Edit to enable or modify the following Web-to-Lead settings:
- Follow instructions on screenshot below…
To install WordPress-to-Lead on your site or blog to collect and manage contact information in Salesforce CRM. Follow the instructions below.
- Download the WordPress-to-Lead Plugin at http://www.salesforce.com/wordpress/wordpresstolead
- Upload the plugin folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory using an FTP client
- Login to the WordPress admin dashboard and activate the plugin
- Update your WordPress-to-Lead settings by entering your Salesforce CRM organization ID.
- Log on to Salesforce CRM at https://login.salesforce.com/
- Click Setup
- Click Company Profile and Company Information
- Copy the 15-digit number
- Paste it into the salesforce.com ID field
- Scroll down to the bottom of the WordPress-to-Lead settings page and configure your Form fields.
- Use the (Salesforce CRM) code snippet to post your forms on any WordPress page.